- Date: July 10, 2019 - July 12, 2019
MERL Contacts: Mouhacine Benosman; Karl Berntorp; Ankush Chakrabarty; Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Devesh Jha; Rien Quirynen; Yebin Wang; Avishai Weiss
Research Areas: Control, Machine Learning, Optimization, Robotics, Applied Physics, Dynamical Systems, Computational Sensing
- At the American Control Conference, MERL presented 8 papers on subjects including model predictive control applications, estimation and motion planning for vehicles, modular control architectures, and adaptation and learning.
- Date: June 25, 2019 - June 28, 2019
Where: Naples, Italy
MERL Contacts: Karl Berntorp; Scott Bortoff; Ankush Chakrabarty; Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Devesh Jha; Christopher Laughman; Daniel Nikovski; Rien Quirynen; Diego Romeres; William Yerazunis
Research Areas: Control, Machine Learning, Optimization, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Robotics, Multi-Physical Modeling
- The European Control Conference is the premier control conference in Europe. This year MERL was well represented with papers on control for HVAC, machine learning for estimation and control, robot assembly, and optimization methods for control.
- Date: August 19, 2018 - August 22, 2018
Where: IFAC NMPC, Madison, WI
MERL Contacts: Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Rien Quirynen
Research Areas: Control, Dynamical Systems, Optimization
- The 6th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control (NMPC), http://www.nmpc2018.org/, is a highly focused conference that attracts experts in this area from around the world. Members of the Control and Dynamical Systems group presented 8 papers (out of the 149 at the conference!) Stefano Di Cairano delivered one of the 7 plenary lectures entitled "Contract-Based Design of Control Architectures by Model Predictive Control."
- Date: June 26, 2018 - June 29, 2018
Where: ACC2018 Milwakee
MERL Contacts: Ankush Chakrabarty; Stefano Di Cairano; Uroš Kalabić; Rien Quirynen; Yebin Wang; Avishai Weiss
Research Areas: Control, Signal Processing, Optimization, Dynamical Systems
- At the American Control Conference June 26-29, http://acc2018.a2c2.org/, MERL members will give 10 papers on subjects including model predictive control, embedded optimization, urban path planning, motor control, estimation, and calibration.