Before joining MERL as a visiting member research staff, Chungwei was a postdoctoral researcher in the Physics Department of the University of Texas at Austin. He has worked on transition metal oxides including manganites and titanates. His particular interest is the use of doping/interface to control optical, thermal, and transport properties. In addition to oxides, he has worked on the theory of self-assembly, configuration interaction quantum impurity solvers, and the theory of photoemission spectroscopy.
EC1189: nano-particle properties
MERL is searching for a graduate student to work on properties of nano-particles. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in physics modeling, particularly for hysteresis phenomena. Experience on Ab Initio computations (including density functional theory for material properties or finite-difference-time-domain for optical property) is a plus but not required. The intern is expected to explain experimental measurements. The expected duration is 3 months starting in summer 2018. Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please see our website http://www.merl.com for information relating to our research, and http://www.merl.com/publications/ to explore our publications.
- "Model parameter learning using Kullback-Leibler divergence", Physica A, November 2017. ,
- "Near-field enhancement of thermoradiative devices", Journal of Applied Physics, DOI: 10.1063/1.5007036, Vol. 122, No. 14, October 2017. ,
- "Nanostructure enhanced near-field radiative heat transfer and designs for energy conversion devices", SPIE Optics and Photonics, August 2017. ,
- "Thermoradiative Device Enhanced by Near-field Coupled Structures", Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer, DOI: 10.1016/j.jqsrt.2017.03.038, Vol. 196, pp. 10- 16, July 2017. ,
- "Viscoelasticity promotes collective swimming of sperm", Scientific Report, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-03341-4, June 2017. ,
Title: "Semiconductor Device with Multi-Function P-Type Diamond Gate"
Inventors: Teo, Koon Hoo; Tang, Chenjie; Lin, Chungwei
Patent No.: 9,780,181
Issue Date: Oct 3, 2017
- Title: "Semiconductor Device with Multi-Function P-Type Diamond Gate"