Our expertise in this area covers multivariable, nonlinear, optimal and model-predictive control theory, nonlinear estimation, nonlinear dynamical systems, and mechanical design. We conduct both fundamental and applied research targeting a wide range of applications including autonomous driving, factory automation and HVAC systems.
Where: Michigan State University
MERL Contacts: Scott Bortoff; Stefano Di Cairano; Abraham Goldsmith; Uroš Kalabić
Research Areas: Control, Dynamical SystemsBrief
Date: February 12, 2019
- Uros Kalabic, of MERL's Control and Dynamical Systems group, gave a talk at the Michigan State University Mechanical Engineering Seminar. The talk, entitled "Reference governors: Industrial applications and theoretical advances," covered some of the exciting research being done at MERL on reference governors and briefly described MERL's other research areas. The abstract of the talk can be found via the link below.
Speaker: Avishai Weiss, MERL
MERL Hosts: Stefano Di Cairano; Uroš Kalabić; Avishai Weiss
Research Area: ControlBrief
Date & Time: Thursday, February 14, 2019; 1:30 -3:00 PM
- Avishai Weiss from MERL's Control and Dynamical Systems group will give a talk at Stanford's Aeronautics and Astronautics department titled: "Low-Thrust GEO Satellite Station Keeping, Attitude Control, and Momentum Management via Model Predictive Control". Electric propulsion for satellites is much more fuel efficient than conventional methods. The talk will describe MERL's solution to the satellite control problems deriving from the low thrust provided by electric propulsion.
See All News & Events for Control
- "On Mean Field Games for Agents with Langevin Dynamics", IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, March 2019. ,
- "Data-Driven Estimation of Reachable and Invariant Sets for Unmodeled Systems via Active Learning", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), January 2019. ,
- "Positive Invariant Sets for Safe Integrated Vehicle Motion Planning and Control", IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,
- "Noise-Statistics Learning of Automotive-Grade Sensors Using Adaptive Marginalized Particle Filtering", Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, December 2018. ,
- "Robustifying the Kalman Filter against Measurement Outliers: An Innovation Saturation Mechanism", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,
- "Reduced-order modeling of fully turbulent buoyancy-driven flows using the Green's function method", Physical Review Fluids, December 2018. ,
- "A smart actuation architecture for wireless networked control systems", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,