Our expertise in this area covers multivariable, nonlinear, optimal and model-predictive control theory, nonlinear estimation, nonlinear dynamical systems, and mechanical design. We conduct both fundamental and applied research targeting a wide range of applications including autonomous driving, factory automation and HVAC systems.
Where: IFAC NMPC, Madison, WI
MERL Contacts: Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Rien Quirynen
Research Area: ControlBrief
Date: August 19, 2018 - August 22, 2018
- The 6th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control (NMPC), http://www.nmpc2018.org/, is a highly focused conference that attracts experts in this area from around the world. Members of the Control and Dynamical Systems group presented 8 papers (out of the 149 at the conference!) Stefano Di Cairano delivered one of the 7 plenary lectures entitled "Contract-Based Design of Control Architectures by Model Predictive Control."
MERL Contact: Mouhacine Benosman
Research Areas: Control, Data Analytics, Dynamical SystemsBrief
Date: November 1, 2018
- Wiley has recently launched the Journal of Advanced Control for Applications: Engineering and Industrial Systems, which seeks original and high-quality contributions on the design of advanced control for applications. The aim is to stimulate the adoption of new and improved control design methods and provide a forum for the discussion of control application problems. Papers for the journal must include sufficient novelty in either the control design methods, the modelling and simulation techniques used, or the applications studied. MERL researcher, Mouhacine Benosman, has been invited to join the Editorial Board of this new journal.
See All News & Events for Control
- "Data-Driven Estimation of Reachable and Invariant Sets for Unmodeled Systems via Active Learning", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), January 2019. ,
- "Positive Invariant Sets for Safe Integrated Vehicle Motion Planning and Control", IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,
- "Robustifying the Kalman Filter against Measurement Outliers: An Innovation Saturation Mechanism", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,
- "Reduced-order modeling of fully turbulent buoyancy-driven flows using the Green's function method", Physical Review Fluids, December 2018. ,
- "A smart actuation architecture for wireless networked control systems", IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2018. ,