Milutin's doctoral thesis studied adaptive signal processing with deficient sample support using random matrix theory methods and considered adaptive sensor array processing, channel estimation and channel equalization as specific applications. His interests also include communications, statistical signal processing and machine learning.
Where: 2016 European Conference on Optical Communication, Dusseldorf Germany
MERL Contacts: Toshiaki Koike-Akino; Keisuke Kojima; David S. Millar; Milutin Pajovic; Kieran Parsons
Research Areas: Electronics & Communications, Optical Communications & DevicesBrief
Date: September 19, 2016
- Four papers from the Optical Comms team will be presented at ECOC2016 to be held in Dusseldorf, Germany from 19-21 September 2016. A fifth paper in collaboration with our colleagues in Japan will also be presented. ECOC is the largest conference on optical communication in Europe. The papers relate to high performance modulation formats, nonlinearity compensation and error correction coding for coherent optical links.
Where: Shanghai, China
MERL Contacts: Petros T. Boufounos; John R. Hershey; Chiori Hori; Takaaki Hori; Ulugbek Kamilov; Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim; Jonathan Le Roux; Dehong Liu; Hassan Mansour; Philip V. Orlik; Milutin Pajovic; Dong Tian; Anthony Vetro; Shinji Watanabe
Research Areas: Electronics & Communications, Multimedia, Computational Sensing, Digital Video, Speech & Audio, Wireless Communications & Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Wireless CommunicationsBrief
Date: March 20, 2016 - March 25, 2016
- MERL researchers have presented 12 papers at the recent IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech & Signal Processing (ICASSP), which was held in Shanghai, China from March 20-25, 2016. ICASSP is the flagship conference of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, and the world's largest and most comprehensive technical conference focused on the research advances and latest technological development in signal and information processing, with more than 1200 papers presented and over 2000 participants.
- "Online State of Charge Estimation for Lithium-Ion Batteries Using Gaussian Process Regression", Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, October 2016. ,
- "Experimental Demonstration of Nonbinary LDPC Convolutional Codes for DP-64QAM/256QAM", European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), September 2016. ,
- "Hardware-efficient Precise and Flexible Soft-demapping for Multi-Dimensional Complementary APSK Signals", European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), September 2016. ,
- "Cross Polarization Modulation (XPolM) Compensation for Submarine Upgrade Links using DP-8QAM", European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), September 2016. ,
- "Online Battery State-of-Charge Estimation Based on Sparse Gaussian Process Regression", IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, July 2016. ,
Title: "Pilot-Aided Coherent Receiver for Optical Communications"
Inventors: Millar, David; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki; Pajovic, Milutin
Patent No.: 9,559,786
Issue Date: Jan 31, 2017
Title: "Method and System for Localization of a Device in an Enclosed Environment Based on Received Signal Strength Levels"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Orlik, Philip V.
Patent No.: 9,282,531
Issue Date: Mar 8, 2016
Title: "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Symbols Received Wirelessly using Probabilistic Data Association with Uncertainty"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Pajovic, Milutin; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,184,876
Issue Date: Nov 10, 2015
- Title: "Pilot-Aided Coherent Receiver for Optical Communications"