Milutin's doctoral thesis studied adaptive signal processing with deficient sample support using random matrix theory methods and considered adaptive sensor array processing, channel estimation and channel equalization as specific applications. His interests also include communications, statistical signal processing and machine learning.
Where: 2017 European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), Sweden
MERL Contacts: Toshiaki Koike-Akino; Keisuke Kojima; David Millar; Milutin Pajovic; Kieran Parsons; Ye Wang
Research Areas: Communications, Electronic and Photonic Devices, Signal ProcessingBrief
Date: September 17, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Two papers from the Optical Communications team were presented at the 2017 European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC) held in Gothenburg, Sweden in September 2017. The papers relate to enhanced error correction coding for coherent optical links and advanced precoding for optical data center networks. The invited paper studied irregular polar coding to reduce computational complexity, decoding latency, and bit error rate at the same time. In addition to two papers, the team member was invited to talk about constellation shaping as a workshop panelist.
Where: IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC)
MERL Contacts: Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim; Toshiaki Koike-Akino; Philip Orlik; Milutin Pajovic; Pu (Perry) Wang; Ye Wang
Research Areas: Communications, Signal ProcessingBrief
Date: May 21, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Five papers from the Wireless Comms team will be presented at ICC2017 to be held in Paris from 21-25 May 2017. The papers relate to channel estimation and adaptive transmission for mmWave, noncoherent MIMO, error correction coding, and video transmission.
See All News & Events for Milutin
SP1147: Packet separation in IoT random access channel
We are looking for a qualified recent PhD graduate or PhD student to conduct research and develop novel algorithms for packet separation in IoT random access channel. The ideal candidate should have solid background in statistical signal processing and sparse recovery methods, as well as familiarity with wireless channel modeling and communications. Strong programming skills in MATLAB are required. Publication of the results produced during the internship is anticipated. The duration of the internship is expected to be 3-6 months, with flexible start date.
SP1240: Cooperative Multi-Robot SLAM
We are looking for a qualified individual to assist in the development of multi-robot SLAM algorithms, implement algorithms on multiple robot platforms, and design and conduct experiments. Publication of the internship results at leading venues is expected. A candidate is required to have hands-on experience with implementing algorithms on robot platforms, strong programming skills in ROS/C++/Python, as well as background in SLAM algorithms. The duration of the internship is expected to be 3-6 months, with flexible start date.
- "Superchannel CPE with Wyner-Ziv Cooperation for Band-Limited Interconnects in Multi-DSP Receiver", European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), September 2018. ,
- "Gaussian Process Regression Applied to VRLA Battery Voltage Prediction in Photovoltaic Off-Grid Systems", Jornada de Jovenes Investigadores, July 11, 2018. ,
- "Misspecified Bayesian Cramer-Rao Bound for Sparse Bayesian Learning", IEEE Statistical Signal Processing (SSP) Workshop 2018, July 11, 2018. ,
- "Reduced-Dimension Symbol Detection in Random Access Channel", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), July 9, 2018. ,
- "Analysis of Optimal Diagonal Loading for MPDR-based Spatial Power Estimators in the Snapshot Deficient Regime", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, DOI: 10.1109/JOE.2018.2815480, March 2018. ,
Title: "System and Method for Decoding Asynchronously Transmitted Packets"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Shulkind, Gal; Orlik, Philip V.
Patent No.: 9,948,754
Issue Date: Apr 17, 2018
Title: "System and Method for Spatial Beamforming Modulation"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Ding, Yacong; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki; Pajovic, Milutin; Orlik, Philip V.
Patent No.: 9,948,377
Issue Date: Apr 17, 2018
Title: "Methods for Compensation of Cross-Polarization Modulation (XPolM) Impairments in Coherent Optical Communications"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Parsons, Kieran; Millar, David; Kojima, Keisuke; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,906,308
Issue Date: Feb 27, 2018
Title: "System and Method for mmWave Channel Estimation"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Suryaprakash, Raj Tejas; Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,641,357
Issue Date: May 2, 2017
Title: "Pilot-Aided Coherent Receiver for Optical Communications"
Inventors: Millar, David; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki; Pajovic, Milutin
Patent No.: 9,559,786
Issue Date: Jan 31, 2017
Title: "Method and System for Localization of a Device in an Enclosed Environment Based on Received Signal Strength Levels"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Orlik, Philip V.
Patent No.: 9,282,531
Issue Date: Mar 8, 2016
Title: "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Symbols Received Wirelessly using Probabilistic Data Association with Uncertainty"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Pajovic, Milutin; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,184,876
Issue Date: Nov 10, 2015
- Title: "System and Method for Decoding Asynchronously Transmitted Packets"