Kyeong Jin's research interests include transceiver design, performance analysis of spectrum sharing systems, design of cooperative communication systems. Since joining MERL, he has contributed in areas such as reliable communcations and E-WLAN system. Currently he is an Associate Editor of IEEE Communications Letters.
Where: Shanghai, China
MERL Contacts: Petros T. Boufounos; John R. Hershey; Chiori Hori; Takaaki Hori; Ulugbek Kamilov; Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim; Jonathan Le Roux; Dehong Liu; Hassan Mansour; Philip V. Orlik; Milutin Pajovic; Dong Tian; Anthony Vetro; Shinji Watanabe
Research Areas: Electronics & Communications, Multimedia, Computational Sensing, Digital Video, Speech & Audio, Wireless Communications & Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Wireless CommunicationsBrief
Date: March 20, 2016 - March 25, 2016
- MERL researchers have presented 12 papers at the recent IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech & Signal Processing (ICASSP), which was held in Shanghai, China from March 20-25, 2016. ICASSP is the flagship conference of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, and the world's largest and most comprehensive technical conference focused on the research advances and latest technological development in signal and information processing, with more than 1200 papers presented and over 2000 participants.
Where: IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC)
MERL Contacts: Philip V. Orlik; Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim
Research Area: Electronics & CommunicationsBrief
Date: June 9, 2013
- The papers "Cognitive Multihop Networks in Spectrum Sharing Environment with Multiple Licensed Users" by Kim, K.J., Duong, T.Q., Tsiftsis, T.A. and Bao, V.N.Q., "Opportunistic Relaying for Cognitive Network with Multiple Primary Users over Nakagami-m Fading" by Duong, T.Q., Kim, K.J., Zepernick, H-J and Tellambura, C. and "On Probabilistic Data Association for Achieving Near-Exponential Diversity over Fading Channels" by Yellepeddi, A., Kim, K.J., Duan, C. and Orlik, P. were presented at the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC)
See All News & Events for K.J.
EC1064: GPS GNSS Signal Processing
The Electronics and Communications Group at MERL is seeking a highly motivated, qualified individual to join our internship program and conduct research in the area of GPS/GNSS signal processing. The ideal candidate should have solid background in GNSS signal measurement, data analysis, and receiver algorithms. In addition, knowledge of radio wave disturbance and experience in the areas of nonlinear estimation, optimization, interference analysis, and performance analysis of GNSS systems would be an asset. Experience with Raspberry Pi, Matlab, and C/C++ is required. Ph.D. students in engineering or related fields are encouraged to apply.
- "Secrecy Performance of Cooperative Single Carrier Systems with Unreliable Backhaul Connections", IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), December 2016. ,
- "Power Splitting-Based SWIPT with Decode-and-Forward Full-Duplex Relaying", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2016.2604801, ISSN: 1536-1276, Vol. 15, No. 11, pp. 7561-7577, November 2016. ,
- "Secrecy Performance of Finite-Sized Cooperative Single Carrier Systems with Unreliable Backhaul Connections", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, DOI: 10.1109/TSP.2016.2552508, ISSN: 1053-587X, Vol. 64, No. 17, pp. 4403-4416, September 2016. ,
- "Performance Analysis of Finite-Sized Co-Operative Systems With Unreliable Backhauls", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, DOI: 10.1109/TWC.2016.2551217, ISSN: 1536-1276, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 5001 - 5015, July 2016. ,
- "Performance Analysis of Cooperative Systems with Unreliable Backhauls and Selection Combining", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TVT.2016.2585347, June 2016. ,
Title: "System and Method for Decoding Block of Data Received Over Communication Channel"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Orlik, Philip V.; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,525,514
Issue Date: Dec 20, 2016
Title: "Tracking of Occluded Navigation Satellite Signals"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Osechas, Okuary; Kniazev, Andrei; Parsons, Kieran; Sahinoglu, Zafer
Patent No.: 9,476,990
Issue Date: Oct 25, 2016
Title: "System and Method for Communicating Data Symbols via Wireless Doubly-Selective Channels"
Inventors: Koike-Akino, Toshiaki; Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,264,118
Issue Date: Feb 16, 2016
Title: "Detecting Narrow Band Interference in Wireless Networks using Spectral Analysis"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Weng, Zhiyuan; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,191,047
Issue Date: Nov 17, 2015
Title: "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Symbols Received Wirelessly using Probabilistic Data Association with Uncertainty"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Pajovic, Milutin; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,184,876
Issue Date: Nov 10, 2015
Title: "Method and System for Communicating Data Wirelessly Using Probabilistic Data Association"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Yellepeddi, Atulya; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Duan, Chunjie
Patent No.: 8,908,806
Issue Date: Dec 9, 2014
Title: "Method for Detecting, Classifying, and Reducing Interference in Wireless Networks"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Orlik, Philip V.; Bhatti, Ghulam M.
Patent No.: 8,891,700
Issue Date: Nov 18, 2014
- Title: "System and Method for Decoding Block of Data Received Over Communication Channel"