Kyeong Jin's research interests include transceiver design, performance analysis of spectrum sharing systems, design of cooperative communication systems. Since joining MERL, he has contributed in areas such as reliable communications and E-WLAN system. He was an Associate Editor of IEEE Communications Letters. Now he is an editor for IEEE Transactions on Communications.
Where: IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC)
MERL Contacts: Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim; Toshiaki Koike-Akino; Philip V. Orlik; Milutin Pajovic; Pu (Perry) Wang; Ye Wang
Research Areas: Electronics & Communications, Wireless Communications & Signal ProcessingBrief
Date: May 21, 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Five papers from the Wireless Comms team will be presented at ICC2017 to be held in Paris from 21-25 May 2017. The papers relate to channel estimation and adaptive transmission for mmWave, noncoherent MIMO, error correction coding, and video transmission.
Where: Shanghai, China
MERL Contacts: Petros T. Boufounos; John R. Hershey; Chiori Hori; Takaaki Hori; Ulugbek Kamilov; Kyeong Jin (K.J.) Kim; Jonathan Le Roux; Dehong Liu; Hassan Mansour; Philip V. Orlik; Milutin Pajovic; Dong Tian; Anthony Vetro; Shinji Watanabe
Research Areas: Electronics & Communications, Multimedia, Computational Sensing, Digital Video, Speech & Audio, Wireless Communications & Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Wireless CommunicationsBrief
Date: March 20, 2016 - March 25, 2016
- MERL researchers have presented 12 papers at the recent IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech & Signal Processing (ICASSP), which was held in Shanghai, China from March 20-25, 2016. ICASSP is the flagship conference of the IEEE Signal Processing Society, and the world's largest and most comprehensive technical conference focused on the research advances and latest technological development in signal and information processing, with more than 1200 papers presented and over 2000 participants.
See All News & Events for K.J.
EC1064: GPS GNSS Signal Processing
The Electronics and Communications Group at MERL is seeking a highly motivated, qualified individual to join our internship program and conduct research in the area of GPS/GNSS signal processing. The ideal candidate should have solid background in GNSS signal measurement, data analysis, and receiver algorithms. In addition, knowledge of radio wave disturbance and experience in the areas of nonlinear estimation, optimization, interference analysis, and performance analysis of GNSS systems would be an asset. Experience with Raspberry Pi, Matlab, and C/C++ is required. Ph.D. students in engineering or related fields are encouraged to apply.
- "Pilot-Less High-Rate Block Transmission with Two-Dimensional Basis Expansion Model for Doubly-Selective Fading MIMO Systems", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2017. ,
- "Millimeter Wave Adaptive Transmission Using Spatial Scattering Modulation", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2017. ,
- "Sparse Channel Estimation in Millimeter Wave Communications: Exploiting Joint AoD-AoA Angular Spread", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 2017. ,
- "A Stochastic Geometry Analysis of Large-Scale Cooperative Wireless Networks Powered by Energy Harvesting", IEEE Transactions on Communications, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2016.2623314, January 2017. ,
- "Secrecy Performance of Cooperative Single Carrier Systems with Unreliable Backhaul Connections", IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), DOI: 10.1109/GLOCOM.2016.7842247, December 2016. ,
Title: "System and Method for Reducing Interference between Multiple Terminals"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Orlik, Philip V.
Patent No.: 9,661,598
Issue Date: May 23, 2017
Title: "System and Method for mmWave Channel Estimation"
Inventors: Pajovic, Milutin; Suryaprakash, Raj Tejas; Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,641,357
Issue Date: May 2, 2017
Title: "System and Method for Decoding Block of Data Received Over Communication Channel"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Orlik, Philip V.; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,525,514
Issue Date: Dec 20, 2016
Title: "Tracking of Occluded Navigation Satellite Signals"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Osechas, Okuary; Kniazev, Andrei; Parsons, Kieran; Sahinoglu, Zafer
Patent No.: 9,476,990
Issue Date: Oct 25, 2016
Title: "System and Method for Communicating Data Symbols via Wireless Doubly-Selective Channels"
Inventors: Koike-Akino, Toshiaki; Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,264,118
Issue Date: Feb 16, 2016
Title: "Detecting Narrow Band Interference in Wireless Networks using Spectral Analysis"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Weng, Zhiyuan; Kim, Kyeong-Jin
Patent No.: 9,191,047
Issue Date: Nov 17, 2015
Title: "Method and Apparatus for Detecting Symbols Received Wirelessly using Probabilistic Data Association with Uncertainty"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Pajovic, Milutin; Koike-Akino, Toshiaki
Patent No.: 9,184,876
Issue Date: Nov 10, 2015
Title: "Method and System for Communicating Data Wirelessly Using Probabilistic Data Association"
Inventors: Orlik, Philip V.; Yellepeddi, Atulya; Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Duan, Chunjie
Patent No.: 8,908,806
Issue Date: Dec 9, 2014
Title: "Method for Detecting, Classifying, and Reducing Interference in Wireless Networks"
Inventors: Kim, Kyeong-Jin; Orlik, Philip V.; Bhatti, Ghulam M.
Patent No.: 8,891,700
Issue Date: Nov 18, 2014
- Title: "System and Method for Reducing Interference between Multiple Terminals"