Hiroyuki joined Mitsubishi Electric Corporation in 1995 where he had been engaged in research on electric power grid analysis, stability control, thermal/hydro generation scheduling, power liberalization support system, and smart grid system. He has also researched optimization technology and is interested in applying it to an industrial system. Before joining MERL, he was a Group Manager of power system technology group in the Advanced Technology Research Center.
- "Machine Learning Based State-Space Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach for Energy and Reserve Management of Power Plants", IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Asia (ISGT Asia), DOI: 10.1109/ISGT-Asia.2018.8467807, May 2018, pp. 669-674. ,
- Fast Market Clearing Algorithms, December 2017. ,
- "Three-Level Co-optimization Model for Generation Scheduling of Integrated Energy and Regulation Market", IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference , December 2017. ,
- "Mitigating Substation Demand Fluctuations Using Decoupled Price Schemes for Demand Response", IEEE Power & Energy Society Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), DOI: 10.1109/ISGT.2016.7781189, September 2016. ,
- "Accelerating Convergence to Competitive Equilibrium in Electricity Markets", IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, DOI: 10.1109/PESGM.2016.7741162, July 2016. ,