- Date: August 19, 2019 - August 23, 2019
Where: AI for Engineering Summer School 2019
MERL Contact: Ankush Chakrabarty
Research Areas: Artificial Intelligence, Control, Dynamical Systems, Machine Learning
- Ankush Chakrabarty, a Visiting Research Scientist in MERL's Control and Dynamical Systems group, gave an invited talk at the AI for Engineering Summer School 2019 hosted by Autodesk. The talk briefly described MERL's research areas, and focused on Dr. Chakrabarty's work at MERL (with collaborators from the CD and DA group) on the use of supervised learning for verification of control systems with simulators/neural nets in the loop, and on constraint-enforcing reinforcement learning. Other speakers at the event included researchers from various academic and industrial research facilities including U Toronto, UW-Seattle, Carnegie Mellon U, the Vector Institute, and the Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms.
- Date: July 10, 2019 - July 12, 2019
MERL Contacts: Mouhacine Benosman; Karl Berntorp; Ankush Chakrabarty; Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Devesh Jha; Rien Quirynen; Yebin Wang; Avishai Weiss
Research Areas: Control, Machine Learning, Optimization, Robotics, Applied Physics, Dynamical Systems, Computational Sensing
- At the American Control Conference, MERL presented 8 papers on subjects including model predictive control applications, estimation and motion planning for vehicles, modular control architectures, and adaptation and learning.
- Date: June 25, 2019 - June 28, 2019
Where: Naples, Italy
MERL Contacts: Karl Berntorp; Scott Bortoff; Ankush Chakrabarty; Claus Danielson; Stefano Di Cairano; Devesh Jha; Christopher Laughman; Daniel Nikovski; Rien Quirynen; Diego Romeres; William Yerazunis
Research Areas: Control, Machine Learning, Optimization, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Robotics, Multi-Physical Modeling
- The European Control Conference is the premier control conference in Europe. This year MERL was well represented with papers on control for HVAC, machine learning for estimation and control, robot assembly, and optimization methods for control.
- Date: June 26, 2018 - June 29, 2018
Where: ACC2018 Milwakee
MERL Contacts: Ankush Chakrabarty; Stefano Di Cairano; Uroš Kalabić; Rien Quirynen; Yebin Wang; Avishai Weiss
Research Areas: Control, Signal Processing, Optimization, Dynamical Systems
- At the American Control Conference June 26-29, http://acc2018.a2c2.org/, MERL members will give 10 papers on subjects including model predictive control, embedded optimization, urban path planning, motor control, estimation, and calibration.