- Generating new technology and intellectual property in areas of importance to Mitsubishi Electric.
- Significantly impacting Mitsubishi Electric's business: using our technical expertise in partnership with organizations in Mitsubishi Electric to produce new and improved products in Mitsubishi Electric's main areas of business.
- Being one of the world's premiere research laboratories, doing long-term fundamental research that advances the frontiers of technology and makes lasting impacts on the world.
- Being the prime source of technology for Mitsubishi Electric in our areas of expertise.
- Hiring very high quality researchers and supporting them strongly with a flexible work environment featuring teamwork both inside MERL and with our colleagues at Mitsubishi Electric.
- Participating in the world research community, publishing our work while maintaining the confidentiality of business information, and collaborating with interns and university researchers.
- Electronics & Communications - featuring wireless & optical signal processing technology.
- Multimedia - featuring speech interfaces, video (de)coding & compressive sensing.
- Data Analytics - featuring simulation, planning and optimization.
- Computer Vision - featuring 3D imaging processing algorithms.
- Mechatronics - featuring advanced control of electro-mechanical systems.
An Algorithms group supports all five sectors, developing fundamental algorithms.
This booklet describes current and past research at MERL:
Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories—25 Years of Innovation